It’s been a while since I’ve blogged about anything worth blogging about, so I have a bunch of random, dis-connected things running through my mind. Lucky you, you get to read about them now…
- It’s cold. Like in the low 50’s in Southern California kind of cold. Yeah, yeah, I know, many of you are stuck in snow storms. But well, we’re dealing with cold rain here in LA. Even wearing a sweater I’m sitting her freezing my butt off.
- Which brings me to the fact that I really, really need to clean this office so I can bring in the space heater. We have only one heating unit here in the apartment and well, much like our AC, if you’re not standing next to it, you’re basically without heat. So we need a space heater to preheat the bedroom before going to bed and to heat the office…once I get rid of the piles of crapola lying about.
- My head is clogged. Still. And yes, it’s still driving me crazy. Must go find some sudafed.
- I made a big mistake today and headed out by our mall to pick up a book at Borders. I went surface streets, but man, even the freeway ramps were bumper to bumper on the way to the mall. Word of advice people…head to the mall the hour before it closes and you’ll not only find parking spaces, but you’ll also find a lack of crowds!
- I was packing my friend’s box of gifts last week and came across a “Baby’s 1st Christmas” ornament. Um…can’t think of who I might have bought it for. Luckily it doesn’t have a year attached (it’s a photo ornament) so I can probably find someone to give it to at some point.
- I’m so happy that I no longer have to set up any of the daily contests (though they are still going on and you can enter until 1/23). Now I just need to focus on finding products for bi-weekly giveaways. Which of course means I once again have to send out a bunch of emails and organize all the product and correspondence.
- I’m thinking my goal his year is to either find an intern or an assistant to help me out with the CC contests and blog. I find it too challenging to be pulled in so many different directions…staying focused on three or more things happening all at once and trying to grow my business to the next level…nuts, I tell ya.
- The husband is driving me nuts setting up his “gold watch” Bose surround system (gold watch = his “thank you for your 15+ years with the company, enjoy this gold watch as a token of our appreciation” gift). We now have boxes and wires everywhere! On top of all the other boxes we have for the contest prizes and the Christmas gifts. The only piece of furniture without a box or wire strewn across is the couch. A huge mess I assure you. But, I will concede….the sounds is awesome!
And in closeing, it’s mere days before Christmas and the in-laws have yet to decide where and when we’ll be celebrating Christmas and who should bring what. Go figure. It’s so much less stressful since I’ve stopped worrying about it and trying to plan everything. So much easier to just show up and bring foods that I know we like and will eat (like salad and veggies).
PS – things are looking up for Emily and the Taylor Swift contest. If you haven’t voted yet, please do.