A little late than never, but I thought it would be easier to make this post a sticky…so consider things stuck! Daily (or so) posts follow below.
Holy cow, I can’t believe that I posted about the Ultimate Blog Party 2009 about a month ago and I still manage to forget to sign up and post! Please forgive me. I will have to take some time and get a real, welcomey sort of post up here. Right now, I just have to post my hasty hello! and run.
Here are the basics (will tweak more later, after I get back from dinner)…
- thirty-something blogger far too close to becoming a forty-something blogger
- run a small business leading workshops and teaching small business the benefits of social media and blogging
- also run an amazing community and blogsite that hosts regular weekly giveaways (and why I don’t have one up here)
- have another business that I plan to be getting started over the next couple months, but am still a little hushhush about it
- I’m not a fan of the term “mompreneur” as I feel it separates us as women and think that we’d do better to support each other in business as much as possible – while I’ll agree that moms have an additional challenge or two than others may not have, but it doesn’t mean that a child-free entrepreneur doesn’t also have additional challenges to face (during my first years in business, like many, I worked full time, but at one point, I also took full time care of my father-in-law as he lost his battle with cancer — different challenges, but still difficult challenges for a young business none-the-less). Basically, I’m just not a fan of pitting women against women, I think that unfortunately we can do that ourselves without the media getting involved and categorizing us.
- I’ve been blogging on and off for about 5 or so years now in fact, I write on three blogs
- I attended BlogHer last year, but won’t be this year
- love my crazy, workaholic husband who is currently at SXSW doing his music-lovin’ thing (our 5th anniversary is right around the corner)
- we’re child-free, but have two adorable little fur-kids (much as I might hate that expression) – one cat that’s been waking me up too damn early this past week and one dog that never seems to stop barking
- when the mood strikes me, I can curse like a sailor (and why I’m in the not-so-family-friendly category)
- I love taking photos and sometimes participate in Wordless Wednesday – can’t stand editing though, so I tend to post my images raw, straight outta the camera
- I love in the greater Los Angeles area (moved her to marry my husband) and miss seasons (and winter particularly) tremendously
- I’m a Jersey Girl born and bred, though I moved southward when I was 20 or so – I still have the accent on occasion, but will either need to be drunk or very excited (doesn’t mean the occasional “shoew-oar” (sure) won’t slip out – and yes, it cracks my husband, the native Angelino up)
- I love nothing more than a great cup of tea, though when out and about, I live on lattes or iced coffees
- that’s all I can think of right now, but I do have this 7 Things post that might share a couple of insights
- Edited to Add: just realized that while I’m too exhausted to create a more witty post, I can just link you to last year’s post and that should give you an idea of what I’m about
Oh yeah, I may as well write this here since I know it’s getting the page views…I’m always looking for bloggers on my site. If you’re interested in learning more about the opportunity, drop me a note.
Proper welcome to come okay, that’s not happening now, but I have been adding more and more to this post each day. Please feel free to stay and visit a while….
And did I mention that there are prizes involved? Me, I’m most interested in the following:
- #58 – Kitchaid Mixer
- #19, #21 and #22 – all $50 Target gift certificates
- #111 Afternoon Tea in a Box (I do love me some tea)
- and lastly #12 a $20 gift certificate to The Gift Closet
What prizes are you interested in?