I wanted to call this “my favorite swag” but I felt that was kind of rude. You know, like the rest of the free stuff sucked or something. Honestly, I love everything I came home with. I did drop a few things off at the recycling room. I also picked up a few things with the intention of handing them off to friends (especially the mom-related items).
In no particular order:
- multiple thumb drives – I’ll probably keep one or two and the others I’ll probably give away to friends
- Zivio bluetooth headset by Joby (the guys that brought you the Gorillapod adjustable tripod – it’s been on my Christmas list for the past two years…this year, if I don’t get me a Gorillapod, I’m getting it myself!) – this bluetooth baby is awesome! It’s super small and light weight, has a retractable mic that you can use in loud or windy situations, and my favorite part, it has six different type and size ear buds for that perfect fit! It’s not yet out on the market, but when it comes out in late summer, be sure to pick one up. You’ll love it!
- Soap Nuts from LaundryTree – these little guys are Nature’s answer to eco-safe, all natural, laundry detergent…dried fruit from the Sapindus Mukorossi tree found in India and Nepal that’s naturally soapy. I’ve been wanting to try these out for the past month after having read about them in Sophia Ulian’s Gorgeously Green book (still hope to interview her shortly – once I get a moment to contact her) and now I finally have the chance. Look out laundromat, your world is about to change!
- Kirtsy mints – just because Kirtsy is cool and well, mints are always good to have. Don’t you agree?
- Merci chocolates – they gave me three pounds packages of the chocolate, but I was smart enough to immediately give one away. The other will be enjoyed by yours truly with the last one being sent out to a friend when the weather cools in time for National Thank You Day (which was why they were given out to begin with). Just think, twenty sticks of German chocolate goodness! PMS your dreams have been answered!
- The Closer Crimson Essie polish – one of those perfect red polishes for the toes. And it’s Essie, one of my favorite brands (even if I don’t watch The Closer).
- Michelin Man tire gauge – I don’t know about you, but I just know my tires are improperly inflated. I never bothered to buy a tire gauge and now I don’t have to. I wound up chatting with one of the guys from Michelin and he told me that they arranged for the carbon offsets for the entire BlogHer conference. How cool is that?!?!
- Aluminum bottle from LeapFrog Toys – I’ve been meaning to get my own Sigg bottle, I just never got around to it and now I don’t have to. So while I don’t use LeapFrog products myself, I do get them for gifts and I really appreciate my new eco-friendly bottle.
So there you have it, some of my favorite products that I came away with from BlogHer. I also got a couple of decent pens (who doesn’t need decent pens) and a T-Mobile pre-paid card which will most definitely come in handy when I’m traveling and need to get online. Now I just need to put is some place safe – LOL.
I kept hearing about all this swag and you know what? I didn’t get a lot. I got the one tote and that was about it. I guess I should have visited the sponsor booths more or gone to more parties. Next time I will for sure score.
i really wish i had gotten a zivio thing, i saw them but for some reason didn’t get one. but everything else i got, loooved it and have definitely shared some fabulous things too.
I didn’t get mints…. 🙁 But I got all those other things and they were my favorite things too… 🙂 Especially the Zivio. I’m in love. And this was from an anti-bluetooth gal… 😀
okay, fork over the tire pressure thing PRONTO. i lurve it!!!
So glad you loved the merci chocolates! And thanks for linking to National Thank You Day — hopefully all your readers are contemplating their nomination right now! 🙂 It was so nice to meet you…hope to see you at BlogHer ’09!
That all looks great to me! What I really want is the Michelin Man tire gauge. I actually keep a tire gauge in my car, though I’m sure the air is low now. But that one looks more fun to use to me!
Siz – how did you miss it? I guess because you were working and didn’t get around much, maybe?
Katelin – I’m still a little anti-bluetooth, but so far, I’m loving it. It’s certainly more comfortable than other BT headsets I’ve tried.
Heather – the mints were from the People’s party.
Ashley – the chocolates totally rock! It was great to meet you gals as well.
Curly – if it wasn’t that I already promised one to a friend, it would SO be yours. Cute huh?
Miss Attitude – of course I haven’t tried it yet. I fill up at Costco and well they have no amenities like air, water and window cleaners.
i really wish i had gotten a zivio thing, i saw them but for some reason didn't get one. but everything else i got, loooved it and have definitely shared some fabulous things too.