A while back I was watching an episode of Monk. On this episode, the serial killer would always take his victim’s one lipstick. The whole time I was watching this (and now, months later) I can’t get over the one lipstick thing.
I don’t know about you, but I have a bit of a lip product addiction. I have a lip balm hidden in nearly every room and every purse, even the ones I’m not using right now. Then there are the glosses…I have one extra in my “concert” purse (just a wristlet that holds everything in one place – which reminds me, I need to add ear plugs to that bag) and another on the ready in my carry on bag.
In my current, every day purse I have the following lip products on hand (these will all travel from bag to bag):
- MAC Captive Satin lipstick
- Bobbi Brown Slopes lipstick (great color!)
- NARS Tobago lipstick
- Bare Escentuals Lip Savor (my all time favorite lip balm E.V.E.R. – nearly finished and discontinued *wah*)
- Clinique Black Plum Almost Lipstick (again, great color – most like Black Honey, but this works better for me)
- NARS Positano lip gloss
- Bombshell dual gloss in That’s So 80’s
- NARS Triple X clear lip gloss (this one comes and goes depending on the purse since the Bombshell also has a clear gloss)
Good Lord, now that I think about it, eight lip products (for a girl that doesn’t really wear much make up) does seem a tad bit excessive. I’ll blame it all on the economy and the economic principal known as the Lipstick Factor (even if I’ve bought many of these before our most recent recession…shhhh).
But of course, since it’s October and Breast Cancer Awareness month, there are many, many other cool products that are out. And they’re so cool and cute and well, pink, that I can rarely contain myself. Right now, I’m eying a Shiseido Think Pink lipgloss that according to Blogdorf Goodman is hydrating like a lip balm – two for the price of one…SCORE! Of course, the Shiseido counter at my local rinky dink Macy’s had no idea what I was talking about, so I’ll have to hit up a nicer mall.
How many lip products do you tend to carry? Am I alone in my lippie addiction love? Are you a one lipstick kind of gal? Or do you only do tinted blams or maybe glossies? Spill…I just might discover a new product 😉