We leave first thing Wednesday (man is that going to be a crazy long day). Tuesday, being Election Day I figure the husband will be glued to the TV all night. Needless to say, I figure we have to basically have everything gathered and be pre-packed before bed on Monday.
Of course, there’s still stuff that needs to be done…
- buy cat food and cat litter
- do the last load of laundry (no promises here) – not gonna happen
- strip the bed
- add light to a timer
- move extra lamp out of office to front rooms
- organize the heaping mess of prizing – half-assed, but done
- pay bills
- call bank re: vacation travel (in the past, Wells Fargo has been known to cut us off while on vacation – simple phone call fixes it, but what a PITA)
- write & send interview questions to MG
- get battery for travel clock (hell, first I need to find it) – can’t seem to find it, guess we buy a new one *sigh* DONE
- touch up roots
- bring in luggage from the garage
- get brows done
- vacation messages on phone & email
- organize all the computer equipment to go with
- organize my iTunes library for my new-to-me iPod – work in progress, seems I’ve hit a glitch or 3
- do last minute work regarding contest event marketing and thank you’s
I think that’s it. It’s totally doable, just a pain in the ass. Funny how it’s always the little things that take all the time and effort when going out of town.
Just a word of advice, and you might know this already…but don’t exchange money before hand. Don’t exchange money at all…just get it from an ATM machine, that way you don’t have to pay commissions.
Geggies last blog post..Ain’t Gonna Study War No More
Hiya Geg! Thanks for that. the hubs and I were just talking about it last night. I said that I’d heard that, but couldn’t remember when, where or why. Now I know. I’ll let him know. Can’t wait!!!
Oh wow! Lots of stuff to do. I’ve renamed my to-do list to My Wish List because I make it understanding that I will not get to everything on it. It is created with the intent that some things will get done and some things will get scrapped. It is one way that I maintain my sanity :~)
Simply Fearlesss last blog post..Create a Spa Lifestyle!
Pingback: Well Now, That Was a Good Waste of Two Hours | My LA Blog
Hiya Geg! Thanks for that. the hubs and I were just talking about it last night. I said that I'd heard that, but couldn't remember when, where or why. Now I know. I'll let him know. Can't wait!!!