It’s official, school is over for the semester. Can I get a Woot!Woot! in the blogosphere?
Well, kinda over. I still plan to attend their “art show” on Friday (once I figure out where on campus it is – there’s a reason I sent to a small school, big campuses freak me out). But after that it’s officially over. Yay!
I was actually pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed working with this batch of kids. Saying goodbye to them a day early was odd. I’m sure next year it will be even more [insert word here] considering I’ll have the kids for both semesters.
And of course, this is all fabulous for so many reasons…in no particular order:
- I can sleep late and not worry that I’m waking my crazy ass husband up after he’s only been asleep for two hours (what a freak!)
- I can go back to blogging more regularly and having a bit more fun with it all. You know, I went to a blogger party about a month ago and I STILL haven’t written it up yet. To say nothing of the fact that I had a gazillion or so some tabs open the other day to write some biz blog posts about and the hubs closed them all down. He’s kind of anti-multi-tabs and was trying to make a point or something. Either way, with three blogs (and one more I’m crazy insanely seriously considering starting up) that’s a lot to get busy on.
- I can actually sit down and READ blogs. I don’t think I’ve been in my google reader (except to do a clearing “mark all read” in at least 2-3 months). I feel so out of the loop. It will be nice to catch up again.
- I can clear off my desk…again…and maybe just create some positive flow here. I finally filed both last year’s and this year’s backed up stacks of files over the weekend and I’m continually surprised at how much I can now SEE on my desk. But we’re still not done here.
- I can do something about the seemingly ever growing, life of its own, pile in the middle of the office here that seems to be claiming more and still more of my personal space. And yes, yet another box of ConstantChatter giveaway stuff showed up on my doorstep today (which I’ve yet to find a moment to open – oh, didn’t I mention, I just woke up from my nap about an hour ago now).
- I can get the bookkeeping filed and up to date AND get cracking doing our extended ’08 taxes.
- I can hopefully, please dear God, hang those damn shelves in the bathroom already. I mean it’s only been about two years now. Wait, it HAS been two years since I bought them when my friend’s little guy was still teeny and she was still home on leave (and now she’s on leave with wee little #2). Wow, that’s crazy. I blame it on the fact that I have no idea where this saw my husband tells me we have is hiding. Well, and that I’d really like to use a stud finder and I don’t know if I should buy one or borrow my brother-in-law’s. To summarize…I’m scared shitless to hang shelves.
- I can get cracking with work. I have my first ebook to polish up. I have an idea for a pre-quel (so to speak – think more basics) and I have two tele-workshops I’d like to finalize and get going (I outlined them over lunch yesterday). Of course, the one needs to be DONE tomorrow since I’ll be pitching it on Thursday at my speaking gig.
- I can finally get the next quarter’s batch of contests set and designed and ready to go and then start working on our new plan for the 4th quarter.
- I also finally got my wall art in and I’ll need to get the one up in our bedroom and the other here in the office. Can’t wait.
Come to think of it, I think I need another nap. That’s one helluva lot of shit to get to.
Wish me luck and I’ll be seeing more of you starting Monday!