No matter how long you try to be good, you can’t keep a bad girl down.
Man, I’m exhausted. I mean too exhausted to even try to be a bad girl (but I’m lovin’ Gossip Girl and I love Kristin Bell’s narration on there and well, that’s just a great quote). So let the randomness begin…
- Man, I was in a bad mood when I wrote that last post. Sorry, didn’t mean to be quite so pissy, but damn, freeway construction sucks!
- Why is it that whenever we leave the kitkat home alone the entire house gets covered in cat hair? I mean clumps of it on the floor when normally this doesn’t happen. Weird.
- My hands are crazy dry and I can’t seem to find the right hand lotion to magically fix me all up.
- I’m tired of crappy restaurant or fast food. This week had way too much crappy food eaten at horrible hours.
- We’re (unfortunately) doing a family Thanksgiving with my hubby’s family. I only say unfortunately because 1) the host home can’t cook – and they’re in charge of the turkey, 2) the rest of the family is expected to bring the side dishes but no one has created any sort of plan (and I have up on planning any and all family gatherings last big get together – for reasons explained here), 3) they’re rarely on time so you can bet that what food is around is now overcooked, cold or whatever else – this also screws with the order of things when the person that supposed to bring the appetizers shows up 2-4 hours later than the rest of the family, and 4) the family isn’t willing to try anything new or creative so that leaves some pretty standard, sub-par food selections.
- That said, I actually enjoy visiting with my in-laws. They’re good people and can be tons of fun.
- So now I need to come up with side dishes that 1) won’t be duplicated (see lack of planning above), 2) will be something that’s not too strange or creative so others will actually try it and 3) that travels well since we’ll have to drive about an hour or so and who knows what access I’ll have to cooking/reheating options. The hubby wants me to try some cornbread stuffing, I’d like to bring a salad and some veggies and maybe make some rolls or something.
- Man, I’m so behind on reading everyone’s blogs AND on the DVR. Not to mention that I have multiple blogs to write for my site and I have less than two weeks to read The History of Love.
- Dude, I was running around today with somewhere between $100K – $200K of engagement rings (and a diamond tennis bracelet) in my purse. Don’t be too impressed, I was just running an errand for a friend and returning some stuff to her friendly jeweler (as she was doing a favor for another friend looking for engagement rings).
And now I must get off the computer for a bit and find some lunch. And oh yeah, I still need to unpack and vacuum up all that cat hair. And open a week’s worth of mail. You know…get back to life and all that.