It was asked that we (all three remaining siblings) provide the sides for Thanksgiving while the other sibling provides the turkey. That’s it. No other direction, no other organization. So, the hubby and I have taken it upon ourselves to provide dishes that we know we like and that more than likely, others won’t make. So here we go so far…
* mixed greens with cranberries, fresh (really fresh from the farmer’s market) goat cheese, sugared nuts and a champagne vinagrette
* cornbread casserole – the hubby wanted cornbread stuffing, but nothing jumped out at me
* possibly some green beans – easy to transfer and steam in the microwave (and some much needed veggies)
* Paula Deen’s pumpkin gingerbread trifle (in fact, I’ve already baked the gingerbread earlier tonight!!)
* a mishmash of crudites and appetizers (who knows how long we’ll be waiting for the entire family to show up with their sides and we need more than just potato chips, right?)
* a bottle or two of yummy wine (we’re more than willing to share – but really, we’re the only ones that drink wine).
Any other suggestions for easy sides that can travel well?
I’m thankful that I was able to finally send out our last batch of invoices – so much closer to having all of our bookkeeping up to date for year end. Woohoo!