Let me do a brief, bulleted post for today. I’m sure I’ll be back later to post more, but for now, I’m meeting a future blogger in a bit and I still have to get ready.
- First and foremost, the answer to my two truths and a lie from the first party post…
- I’m great friends with my husband’s last ex-girlfriend – This is actually true. In fact, I arranged my recent trip to my dad so I’d be back in town to meet up with his ex and her hubs for dinner. We’ve also been known to vacation with them – three times now.
- I’ve done phone sex to make a quick buck – I’ve always been told that I have a great voice and give good phone. When I was in grad school I was so behind on my bills that I needed to make some quick money. I actually managed to make about $3K in less than a month doing it part-time. Funny though, you can’t do phone sex FROM the state of CA, but many of the reception & billing offices are out this way.
- I actually know some people that can take care of that for you (she says in euphemisms) – this is so false it isn’t even funny. It’s the result of needing a lie badly, and talking about my growing up in Jersey and an upcoming wedding we’ve got.
- I’ve partied with Bruce Springsteen – totally false. But I have partied with Paul McCartney (he spilled his drink on me during a very animated conversation) and Carlos Santana – not at the same time – and a couple of folks in the jazz world.
- My husband I have invested in my best friend’s haunted, ghostie business – this is true. We are part-owners of a touring company that also does ghost tours. How cool is that?!?
- I’ve had a couple of my amateur photos published – yep, I’ve had two of my photos published for an online tourist magazine for the wine country. Come to think of it, I might have also had one of my photos published (same company) from my Albuquerque trip as well. So maybe it was three afterall. Funny thing about my photos…when I put them up in Flickr, they’re rarely, if ever edited photos. I sometimes wonder what would happen if I actually tried my hand at editing. Not that I’m a photographer by any means.
- I love that our new garbage can locks. I came home last night to a bit of a mess, but it was only the ripped plastic bag from the pupster trying to get into the trash to eat the 2 slices of moldy bread. Woohoo! This is much better than how it was before.
- I miss my husband! Interestingly, we’re talking more while he’s gone this year than any other year (or trip) in the past. Must be all that lack of intimacy before he left – stupid illness crap!
- Speaking of whatever it is that I had, I’m much better. I’m still not 100%, but my breathing is better, there’s little coughing and only slight sinus congestion. I guess 17 days of meds was enough afterall.
- I don’t recall if I mentioned it yesterday, but my SEO class rocked. I’ll also be a featured speaker down in Orange County later this month. Business is booming – Yay!!
- My hubs tried to call me yesterday while I was out to dinner with my LWL gals…he got a great raise and a niiice bonus. Of course, I went online and immediately ordered curtains for the kitchen and the cat’s space (would have been the laundry space, but the landlord said NO to any laundry stuff).
Okay, I’ve got 10 minutes to get out of this place or I’ll be late for my coffee date. Later y’all and thank you to all my party guests for stopping by. Please, we can continue the party without any sort of official decries, so feel free to stick around.