This is a pretty quick and non-BlogHer related post, but now that I’m home and setttled in a bit, I realized that I’ve learned a couple of things this weekend. In no particular order…
- It seems as though I’m allergic to something in our home (besides our cat). Every time I go away, my throat clears up and I lose the post-nasal crap. So there’s something in our apartment that just doesn’t agree with me.
- As much as I love being around other women…I really only like being around supportive and positive women. There was some jealousy and negativity in the air this weekend and it was palpable, and downright uncomfortable.
- I really and truly can and will talk to anyone about anything. Anywhere.
- I like initiating contact with strangers – especially when I meet some great people (waves hello to my new friends!!!)
- Traveling is tiring. Even though I got a good 7-8 hours of sleep a night, I’m freakin’ wiped out exhausted today. Like the kind of exhausted where I can barely think clearly. What’s up with that.
- I can surprisingly travel lighter with swag than with a suitcase full of clothes. Who knew?!?
- Even when you stop the mail, they still deliver the crap. What’s up with that?!?!
- As much as I love having the bed all to myself, I miss my boys and my husband.
- I hate unpacking. And even when I tell myself I’m packing light (I only packed an extra sweater, otherwise, I wore everything – one outfit for each day – once) it’s still too much shit.
- I believe my eye lash curler is what has been setting off the TSA luggage search these past few flights. It’s the only common thing (outside of regular make-up and a brush) that I had with me in my small, checked bag, that I didn’t have with me the last time I traveled. Guess I won’t be bringing that with me any more.
- Raisinets does not a lunch make. And well, sadly, American chocolate sucks and I just need to stop eating it. It’s just not worth the calories since it really isn’t even satisfying or tasty.
- I am SO thankful that the ONLY thing on my agenda tomorrow is that I have to pick the hubs up from the airport.
On now, I’m off to veg or sleep or whatever comes first…