Here are Thirteen Things I must bring with me wherever I go on vacation…
1. socks to sleep in – my feet are always cold, even in the dead of summer
2. lipbalm – I am addicted and as an addict, I need to know my lip stuff is right near by.
3. and 4. books & magazines – my husband is a bit of a workaholic, so even on vacation, he works, so I make sure I have something to read.
5. and 6. digital camera & USB connector for my smart card – I love to do self-portraits and I love to take pictures of things. What better way to have memories to look back on.
7. sunscreen – I’m one fair skinned kind of gal, so I tend to always make sure I bring along the SPF (even if I don’t wear it on a daily basis).
8. workout clothes – you never know when you’ll get the chance to burn off some of those high point, vacation treats and drinks.
9. travel alarm clock – I’m a little crazy about wanting to know what time it is, wherever I am. This way, if the hotel alarm clock isn’t on my side of the bed, I’m still in the know.
10., 11. and 12. my own soap, shampoo and conditioner – though I will typically take the hotel provided toiletries back home with me (they’re great for guests).
13. snacks – I like to know that if I’m hungry that I have something to snack on. Usually, it’s just a granola bar or two, but still, it helps to keep those vacationing high point days bearable.
And of course, a few other things, but hey, I only needed 13, right? 😉 Now back to that packing…